Welcome to the online home of the Oklahoma Small Schools Band Directors Association (OSSBDA), sponsor of the annual Oklahoma Small School All-State Band.
Click "Event Registration" (above) to begin the 2022-23 student registration process. We are using the "Audition Admin" registration system again this year.
All audition registration will be done on-line. Any director that can't register on-line will need to contact Keith Huitt, OSSBDA Secretary/Treasurer, as soon as possible.
Only OSSAA class 2A, 3A, and 4A schools are eligible to register or participate. Students in grades 10-12 are eligible to audition.
The registration deadline is September 17, 2022.
NOTE: AUDITIONS WILL BE HELD SATURDAY, OCTOBER 29, 2022 AT TUTTLE HIGH SCHOOL!
Documents including the fall letter, audition requirements and scales are available for download. The Jazz Band audition requirements are also available. Open then save, or simply right-click the appropriate link and select "Save Target As..." to download them to your computer (Adobe Reader required).
OSSBDA All-State Jazz Band with auditions/clinic will be held concurrently with established dates. A student may audition for both OSSBDA All-State Organizations (Concert/Jazz), but must choose either Concert or Jazz if accepted in both.
ACT testing DOES NOT CONFLICT with auditions this year.
• Registration Deadline: September 17, 2022
• Audition Date: October 29, 2022
• Audition Location: Tuttle High School
• School Participation Fee: $75.00
• Audition Fee: $10.00 per each instrument entered
• Jazz Audition Fee: $15.00 per each instrument entered
• Clinic Dates: February 9-11, 2023
• Clinic and Concert Location: Oklahoma City University, OKC
• Jazz Band Concert time & date: 1:30 p.m. February 11, 2023
• Concert Band Performance time & date: 3:00 p.m. February 11, 2023
After the initial fall mailing, letters to directors will be via email for the remainder of the school year. Please double check to ensure that you enter your email addresses correctly in the on-line registration system. If you have any issues call Keith Huitt at 405-207-8564.
The OSSBDA Distinguished Service Award will be presented again this year. The designated recipient will be chosen yearly from among nominated directors during the Small School All-State Band Clinic each February.
More information will be posted as it develops.